Sunday, October 27, 2013

Exploring continues...

Continuing on the Rennie Mackintosh theme, I visited House for an Art Lover in the Ibrox neighborhood with my friend Shannon. The house was dull from the outside but looked similar to the Mackintosh house that Anna and I toured on campus. 

Soup!
Gardens outside the house
The next day I went on a field trip for my Archeology of Scotland class! The trip was to Kilmartin Glen, it took about 2 hours to get there from Glasgow. We visited: Achnabreck, Nether Largie South, Temple Wood, Kilmartin Parish Church, and Dunadd Fort. It was cool to see some of the sites I have been learning about in class. I thought it was interesting how we were able to walk on the sites, climb in a chambered cairn, etc. In the US we would be viewing these sites from behind a fence...

Stone circles at Achnabreck

Standing stones
More sheep!!
Inside a Neolithic chambered cairn.
I went to see the band Mausi, suggested by Shannon. The concert was at The Arches and had about 15 people! It was fun because it was so small and the band members we met after were very friendly!
Alice, Megan, Shannon and I with Mausi.

I returned yesterday from another trip to Isle of Arran, I will post about it later when I have pictures from my friends (my camera ran out of battery). It has been raining a lot here but there are sun breaks! I have gone through 2 umbrella’s already...the wind is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment